Thursday, February 28, 2008

the crazy ones...

Hello everyone.
...........................
I was somewhat occupied yesterday which hindered me from writing here. Today though, I promised myself I would not allow anything to hinder me from writing.
I have decided that for today's topic I will focus on a very important philosophy of life that I hold very dear and close to my heart. To those of you who know me the best, you will know that I have seen David and Goliath scenes played out in front of my eyes my whole life. I saw it in my parents, who defied conventional wisdom and moved to Sweden. I saw it when my father knocked out a black belt Kyokushinkai Karate opponent when he had barely begun. I saw it when he and my uncle defended an unknown stranger from being killed by two drugged up alcoholics who were at least 6'6 (Swedish) versus their much shorther height. I saw it again when they defied all of their friends' and some family members' discouragements from enrolling in Medical School. I saw the impossible happen. They both graduated with honors, and my father did so while having a wife, three children, and a mother living with us at the time. Yet again he defied critics who could not, or rather would not want to see a "damn" foreigner get a Cardiology residency with the world renowned Kurt Boman of Skelleftea, Sweden. Again, I saw his defiance come to light when he decided to get up, and move us to a new world, a new land, with their own language, and customs. That new world, was the United States of America. He found a childhood friend in Los Angeles, and there he told me and my brothers of how he could not believe my father had become a physician. It was beyond his grasp of understanding as my father used to be the neighborhood "tough guy".
Having been the son of someone who has defied all the conventional "wisdom", and "advice" that people have given him, I can say with relative authority that you can go as far as your dreams will take you. Take Michael J. Fox for example. Before becoming famous and trying to land his breakthrough role on television, an executive at the network stated he would never amount to fame because of short stature. We all know what happened to him. Or, as my favorite advertisement throughout time from Apple says:
..........................................
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.
The ones who see things differently.
They’re not fond of rules.And they have no respect for the status quo.
You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them.
Because they change things.
They push the human race forward.And while some may see them as the crazy ones,We see genius.
Because the people who are crazy enough to thinkthey can change the world, Are the ones who do.
...............................................................................
I salute these "crazy ones" for without you, the world would be at a standstill.
yashar

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and her comes the song for those if you who know what I'm talking about.
I remember, I remember when I lost my mind......... going CRAZYYYYY ;)

Ami

Anonymous said...

People should read this.