Thursday, April 10, 2008

wise beyond their years...

Hello my friends,

It has been a while since I last wrote.  That has been entirely my own doing of being far too lazy.  I recently began working for a company that I believe has so far been tremendously amazing.  The atmosphere is really an ideal one; one that allows for creative thinking, where rather than being a typical work place, it is more of a community of people who are all working on their passions.  But enough about me.  

This post is really more about someone else, someone who has absolutely amazed me for his incredible maturity, determination, and gracefulness through all the ordeals he has faced with a head held up high.  This is about my cousin Simon, who recently (2 years?)moved to Australia with my uncle, aunt, his older brother the outstanding comedian, and his princess of a sister.  Simon, from what we all remember here, had always been a little chubby.  In fact, I used to always tickle him and make funny noises on his belly when he was a baby.  He is much younger than I, in fact he is only 15, turning 16 this summer.  However, he is wise beyond mine, and beyond many other people's years.  I say this because he set his mind to achieve something, and that was to get fit.  He not only accomplished that, but he also managed through hard determination become a kid with a "carved" physique.  I now officially have him to look up to when it comes to building my own physique after his.  That is not all though, when I emailed him congratulating him on his amazing accomplishment, his reply was, "Thank you for the wonderful comments!  And tell everyone hello there and give them our warmest regards and love.  Anyone can achieve their goals, it just takes motivation and self-discipline.  I know that all of you guys have inspired the most."  He goes on stating that his father (my dearest uncle) has had the greatest influence over him.  Furthermore, he gratefulness continues towards myself, my brothers, and parents.  This is all coming from an almost 16 year old young man!  Not an adult mind you.  If I have a son someday, I would want him to be as amazing and grateful as Simon, with Stefan's wit and humor.  If I have a girl, I would want her to be a princess like Mary.  So, this is a lesson I have learned.  Humility, wisdom, strength, and determination has no age, it can come from the oldest, to the very youngest.  

Until my next, hopefully very soon post,

Adieu.  May life grant you wisdom, strength, and above all, love!
yashar

No comments: